WWW servers on Windows95
This is just a brief experience of what I did to install WWW server
for Windows 95 for my notebook. WWW server for Linux is pretty
What to do for just a web server?
- Get the WWW server software. The one I used is
Apache Web Server version 1.3.6.
- Install it :) ---> you should have the Web Server running
with out any problem. Don't forget to set the "http.conf"
What to do for running Perl-CGI?
- Get the Perl software. The one I used is Perl for Win32 from
- Setup the Perl software
- Make sure that the first line of your script points to the
location that your perl is stored, e.g. !#/program/perl/bin/perl
What to do for running C-CGI?
- Get the C Compiler software.
- Compile and it should run.
!!! Premature end of headers script !!!
- Don't be panic.
- If it is Perl-CGI and your perl is absolutely correct. The
problem I found is that the point where you keep the perl is
not the same as the first line of your script.
- If it is C-CGI and your C code is absolutely correct. The
problem I found is that your program might be compiled as a
16-bit program. This is the problme when I use DJGPP, but
if MINGW32 works fine. (It is my fault though, that I did not
read and understand the specification clearly.)
Updated on Friday, 05-Dec-2008 12:09:54 +07
Back to the